Break Barriers to Succeed
So we are taught growing up in school that every barrier in life is meant to be broken.
- Be the best student you can be
- Never give up on your dreams
- Fight for what you want
- Quitters never win
And the list witty quotes and battle cries created to motivate us goes on and on. But what you were told is not 100% true. Have you every hit a brick wall over and over again and seem to never breakthrough? Then when you finally take a step back, and go at it another way or even in a new direction, immediately find success.
A Barrier Can Protect You
Every barrier is NOT meant to be broken. Sometimes God uses barriers to protect us. In Acts 16: 6-10, Paul and his peeps wanted to do some good in the world their way, but God let them know He had plans of His own. God stepped in and made it clear He had another path for them. Just as God protected Paul and his crew God wants to do the same for you and me through barriers He puts in our paths to:
- Get your attention. God can put a barrier in front of you to get your attention when you are lost and all over the place and He wants you to draw near to Him. Sometimes He wants to remind us to lean on Him instead of just doing things our way.
- Block the wrong path. God can put a barrier in front of you when He wants you to take a different direction.
- Teach us a lesson. We live in a society of instant gratification. Sometimes God wants to delay our rewards until we have taken the necessary journey to truly appreciate them.
- Block out the wrong people. We were born in this world to love, and for some, without divine intervention from God we will never stop loving. You all know someone that was head over heels in love with the wrong person, and no matter how hard you tried to show them, they couldn’t see past the illusion built up in their minds. Well God sees this and on occasion will step in and use the least likely tool to reveal the truths about the ones we love or even remove them out of our lives to protect us.